Translate

Thursday, December 11, 2014

1 Week In

So, the first week at the CCM wasn't what I expected. There's been a lot of things that have happened. It feels like it's been 2 months. My companion is cool. The view here is great. The scenery is pretty great and a lot to take in. Mom told me that its supposed to be hot here, but it's like paradise here. It never gets hot and it never gets cold and it stays like this all year round. I've already learned so much Spanish. Everyone has their own struggles, but mine hasn't been the language or even learning the gospel, to an extent. The hardest thing for me is that I miss back home a lot and the people there. I miss the Torres family. But, the first thing you should know...
You guys can send me letters whenever and I will get them the day you send them. Go to MTCmexicocarepackage.com-free-letter. Its like you type the letter online and then they print it off and send it to me here at the CCM.
After the MTC, I should have more than 1 hour to email. A few interesting things that happened this week are: one day we were studying the Book of Mormon outside, as a district, under a huge tree and a bird happened to poop right on my scriptures. It was really funny. I've learned so much. I know the First Vision in Spanish and the Missionary Purpose and the baptismal questions and baptismal prayer. I almost always say all of my prayers in Spanish too. I don't know the First Vision in English though, so it is kind of funny. I know more Spanish than everyone in my district and I almost can speak fluently. I can teach lessons in Spanish already. We practice teaching investigators. Its been really hard here. I tend to miss Ashley and you guys a lot and sometimes it gets really sad and I don't know what to do. I write about it in my journal every night. Last night I did have a really powerful experience happen to me,  though. I was having a tough day, a really tough day, and I was missing home so much, which seems to be my biggest struggle. I was reading the scriptures and decided to open to Joseph Smith and when he was wondering which church was right. He offered up the desires of his heart. I read all of that story, and so I decided to do the same. I have never really ever been this humbled before this prayer, but I decided to do the same and offer up the desires of my heart. I have never ever in my life been so sincere in a prayer. Immediately after that prayer, I felt the spirit so strong. I knew it was the spirit too, without a doubt. Ever since then, I've had such a good attitude. I do whatever the Lord needs me to do because I made a covenant with Him in my prayer. So, that was a very humbling and cool experience. I've never studied this much in my life but i wouldn't say its super hard because the things we study are very interesting. I pray for the gift of tongues every night and I really see it starting to happen. It's definitely a testimony builder here. I thought I would feel the spirit here more, though. We study so much and work on our knowledge that we don't have devotionals enough to always be feeling the spirit, but every Tuesday and Sunday we have a devotional. Today we get more new people at the CCM and we are going to scare them with out district telling them to get us out of here. It's really funny. I read the letters you guys wrote me every night and last night was the toughest night. It's hard not being able to talk to anyone at home. Our branch president said that my Spanish is perfect and that I'm ready to go into the field, haha, but I have to be here until January 12th. We leave at 2 am. Once I get out of the CCM, it should be a little better because we will be more free and actually have real investigators to teach. I'll be here for the next 40 minutes typing if you guys respond soon enough. Fortunately, I can type fast. I hope you guys are doing okay. I miss you guys, but I've learned so much in just 1 week,  so, you guys will be really proud of me. Send me letters through that website often. I look forward to letters. BTW, my companions want you guys to send me a picture of the family, which I would appreciate also. - Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment