Translate

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Transfer 1 Down

Hey, so the computers were down yesterday, so I couldn't email, but I have my first scary story of the mission. So, Zamantha's baptism got changed because she was really busy, so it's happening this Sunday now. But with Rigo, he was doing everything great. He was reading the Book of Mormon, went to church, loved it, was keeping all commitments. We went to pick him up for church and he was acting all weird. He relapsed and starting drinking again and he wouldn't stop. So, he didn't come to church. We knew that it wasn't Pete [Rigo's nickname]. When you looked at him, he know longer looked like Pete. His eyes were empty and he had a devilish smile now. We tried to get him to put down the beer, but he kept going and wouldn't stop. He said that he gets visited in the night by someone every night. They tell him he can't sleep because he has to go do things. Idk what it's called, but we found out now that he's one of those people that devoted himself to Satan a long time ago and he wanted to change, but its really hard now. Something was wrong with him and we knew it on Sunday when we went over. That night, we came to his house in hopes of giving him a blessing. We walked in and he was still drinking. He was happy, but it was a fake happiness. When I would look him in the eyes, his eyes were red, and that same smile was on him and it really creeped me out because it isn't the Pete we know. We talked for a little while, but it was dark outside and we had to leave soon, so we asked if we could give him a blessing. He then asked us if we could go to the store so he could get more beer. We kept telling him ¨no¨ and he kept asking. We asked him if we could give him a blessing again and he said, ¨yes.¨ Things were getting really out of hand with him. We told him to sit down. He sat down and we told him to scoot the chair up. He then looked out the door of the trailer and pointed. His eyes are still red and he looks like a demon. He pointed and said , "He's here." My companion and I felt the darkness of a being that must have been there. Rigo said," He is telling me... "shhhhh," as he put his fingers to his lips. At that point, chills went down our spines. Remember that we are in his little trailer. My companion puts his hands on him to give a blessing and Rigo started doing this chant. It's a series of sounds that he made that were coming out of the spirit in him. They were of Satan without a doubt. I was standing by the door of the trailer when something pushed my back. I turned around and nothing was there. My companion told me to quickly put my hands on his head. We then started to say the blessing, commanding the evil spirit to leave him. We said it once and then the chanting got louder. We said it again and he stopped chanting for a few seconds and then immediately shot up and starting running at us, but he fell onto the couch still looking out the window. His eyes weren't moving, but he was still chanting. We took a beer that he was drinking and poured it out in front of him, but his eyes didn't move at all. He just kept chanting. He was still possessed. We walked away and got into the car, which took about 15 seconds, and then we saw someone at the trailer and they walked into the house really slowly. There's no way that someone could have been there that quickly. and they weren't even freaking out either. My companion had to get a blessing after this experience because we were both shaken up about it. Scariest thing that ever happened to me. It strengthened my testimony so much, though. I know that Satan is real. Rigo described the guy that visits him as being perfect, just like Satan. Satan looks probably attractive and worldly, but full of evil which is why he tempts people so easily. But, while we were in the trailer, I remember feeling tons of darkness around us, but I also felt the Spirit so strongly, as if there were angels around us. There really is a war in Heaven and that experience made it really clear. Usually people don't have experiences like this during their mission or so close to the beginning of it. We were so scared the rest of that night. We didn't feel right. Even in my prayer that night, I felt a spirit rush through my body. The feeling has never been so clear. So, that was the most interesting thing that happened this week. Hope you guys are all doing good. We aren't going back to Rigo's again. We are going to talk to the bishop, because its really dangerous there after what happened. I don't even feel right being kind of close to his trailer. But, hope everything is well. I got the package you sent, which was great. I took pictures of all of the scriptures so I can use them. I've definitely changed my motives for being out here. I really try to learn the most about the gospel, instead of focusing on the language so much. That has been improving while I do the other things. "Look unto me with every thought. Doubt not, Fear not." Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment