Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

5 more days here

Hey, so send me Lauren's email on here because I forgot to bring the letter that had it. But, to start off, send me some more shoes when I get to McAllen sometime, and my patriarchal blessing, and please make some LDS music CDs and send them to McAllen, so I have music to listen to, specifically, "Glorious", and "Nearer My God to Thee" by Vocal Point, I believe. So, to start off, it has been a really tough week, but my relationship with Heavenly Father has gotten so much stronger. It's crazy. My Spanish is still fine and I can't wait to get to McAllen. The pictures you sent from Instagram weren't that blurry, so I appreciate those. I miss you guys! I've really been able to see myself changing lately because I'm finally here for the right reason, and nothing is stopping me. Most elders here don't have an eye single to the glory of God, but I've made sure I stay obedient. Some council that we've gotten is that your success as a missionary is directly related to how obedient you are and I've really been doing that. Some of the missionaries here are not talking like they represent the Lord, so I try to stay away from them, and they found music that isn't church music so I've heard they've been listening to that. But, I know who God wants me to be, so that's the missionary that I'm going to be. I can honestly say that I am ready to teach now, because I have an absolute certainty that the gospel is true. I've really been studying the scriptures so much and it's just so comforting. I've really been tested this last week, but it has strengthened me because I've had to pray so much. I leave every night and go into a different room just to pray. So, I guess that's good. Also, we had a speaker yesterday at a devotional and he came in there with his talk written, but once he saw our faces, he completely changed his talk. He threw it away because the Spirit told him to talk about something else. And let me just tell you, that was the best talk I've ever heard in my life. It was directed at me and I related to everything he said. Keep me in your prayers, though. I will need them. But I'm definitely on the right path in my life right now and I plan on staying on it. I've never been so sure in my life. One scripture that I've thought a lot about is in Matthew 6: 19 to 21, I believe.
[ 19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.]
It's something like that, but it's the scripture that talks about choosing treasure in heaven, that cannot be corrupted, because where your treasures are, there will your heart be also. I know where my treasures are, and I intend on doing everything I can to obtain those treasures. And they will not be corrupted. I'm ready to teach. It's crazy how much you can change in 6 weeks, though. It's definitely going to be the hardest 2 years of my life, but I know, without a doubt, that I am where I need to be. It has been so hard, but I know that everything will be alright. But, just a lot of studying this week. I can't wait to get to McAllen. You only get this opportunity once and every second you waste, you will regret. I'll try to send some pictures. Hopefully, time starts to go faster once I get to McAllen. Remember, keep me in your prayers. I need them.
Elder Brady


No comments:

Post a Comment